J R O T C
This video gives a brief overview of the benefits, challenges, and rewards of becoming a student in Beyer’s new U.S. Army JROTC program.
Please complete this form if you are interested and would like to be contacted regarding the JROTC program at Beyer. Please fill out one from per student/parent interest.
Fred C. Beyer Army JROTC Program
The Army JROTC Program emphasizes character education, student achievement, wellness, leadership, and diversity. It is a cooperative effort on the part of the military services and host institutions to produce successful students and citizens, while fostering in each school a more constructive and disciplined learning environment. JROTC makes substantial contributions to students, schools, and communities which benefit greatly from its presence.
The mission of Beyer JROTC is to motivate young people to be better citizens. JROTC has arguably, one of the most rigorous and effective career-related leadership curriculums. JROTC’s leadership development curriculum begins with instruction about leadership theory, which teaches Cadets motivational principles, individual and group management practices, decision making skills, and interpersonal relations. As JROTC Cadets progress through the program, they experience opportunities to lead other Cadets. Cadets follow a chain of command, enabling lower classmen to observe the upper classmen lead, teach and make decisions, before assuming the role themselves. Observing leaders in action enables Cadets to experience authentic responsibility for others, which can instill in them genuine concern for the success of the larger group; a key component of effective leadership. The JROTC Program prides itself in staying abreast of the latest educational trends; implementing a continuous improvement plan assists instructional leaders, through curriculum content and co-curricular activities, by effectively:
- Improving life skills/Developing personal responsibility
- Preparing students beyond high school
- Increasing academic performance and test scores
- Promoting wellness and fitness
- Improving critical thinking skills
- Stopping substance abuse/Preventing violence
- Teaching students of all abilities
- Providing quality curriculum/activities
- Citizenship in Action
- Leadership Theory and Application
- Foundations for Success
- Wellness, Fitness, and First Aid
- Geography, Map Skills, and Environmental Awareness
- Citizenship in American History and Government
- Cadet Safety and Civilian
- Graduate prepared to succeed in post-secondary options and career pathways.
- Make decisions that promote positive social, emotional, and physical health.
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations.
- Act with integrity and personal accountability as they lead others to succeed in a diverse and global workforce.
- Engage in civic concerns that impact the community and society at large.
- Pranish D. Sharma
- MAJ, US Army (Retired)
- Senior Army JROTC Instructor
- Fred C. Beyer High School
- (209) 574-1647 x 71309