Extended Summer School (ESS)
ESS classes are held after school on Mondays and Wednesdays and/or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15-5:45pm. Courses are delivered in blended model with the classroom teacher and online using APEX curriculum. Your child must attend every class on time, bring necessary materials, and complete all assignments. Regular attendance is extremely important.
Students will be dropped from the class for any of the following reasons:
· 9 hours of absence; they will be dropped on the 9th hour – there are NO excused absences
· Discipline problems resulting in suspension from the class
· Excessive tardies: 2 tardies of less than 30 minutes will equal 1 hour of absences.
· Students who arrive after 30 minutes are considered absent for that hour of class.
· Not making adequate progress in the course.
Students attending an ESS course must abide by the above attendance regulations until the course is completed OR an Early Release Form has been signed by their teacher and the parent is notified.
Please note that Extended Summer School classes are not a “quick and easy” way to earn credits. Students may have homework and reading assignments outside of class. Please feel free to contact me at 574-1658 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns!