Absences listed below are excused when verified in accordance with the Education Code and Board Policy:
- Quarantine directed by county or city health officer
- Medical, dental, and optometric appointments
- Attending funeral services of a member of the student’s immediate family, so long as such absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California, and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California
Justified Personal Reasons
Absences excused for justifiable personal reasons include the following and the student must obtain prior approval from the attendance office or school administrator. Prior to an absence described in this regulation, a signed parental request must be received and approved by the principal or administrative designee. Only in cases of extreme emergency will the principal approve an absence after the absence occurs. The principal or administrative designee may request the student complete Saturday school to clear the absence.
- An appearance in court
- An employment conference
- A pupil/family hardship situation, as authorized by the principal
- An observance of a holiday or ceremony of the pupil’s religion
- Attendance at a religious retreat not to exceed four (4) hours per semester
- Attending a funeral service of a person who is not an immediate family member.